The FAPSUB-1 adds impressive low frequency response to any full range distributed system. The FAPSUB-1 consists of a highly efficient 8″, 8 ohm subwoofer designed and built by AtlasIED to work optimality in the FAPSUB-1 enclosure system. A highly efficient, 3-pole filtering network eliminates unwanted high frequencies from the woofer and provides bass response down to 45Hz (±10dB).
A special low saturation 70.7V/100V transformer is included with 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watt primary taps (@70.7V) to match and balance the subwoofer with full range loudspeakers without the need for separate amplification. A convenient front mounted selector switch allows tap selection without the need to remove the loudspeaker from the ceiling. This tap selector switch also includes a transformer bypass setting for 8 ohm direct coupled applications.
- Attractive Grille and Bezel Matches Aesthetics of Other Atlas Sound FAP Series
- Detachable, Phoenix Style, Locking, Four-Pole Connector Provides for Easy Daisy Chain Wiring
- Easy Installation in Drop Tile or Sheetrock Ceilings via C-ring/V-rail Tile Bridge and “Dog Leg” Mounting System (Included)
- Front Mounted Tap Selector Switch for Easy System Tuning Adjustments Includes Transformer Bypass Setting for 8 ohm Direct Coupled Operation
- High-Efficiency, Passive Crossover Network Eliminates the Need for Dedicated Amplifier and/or Active Crossover
- Low Crossover Point Greatly Reduces Localization (Ability of Listener to Identify the Subwoofer Location)
- Uniquely Designed, “Easy Access” Input Panel Design Allows for “Thru” Conduit Runs Using Flexible or Rigid Conduit
SPEAKER TYPE In Ceiling Sub
SENSITIVITY 89dB Average
POWER TAPS 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30, 60 Watts & 8Ω
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 45Hz – 120Hz
DIAMETER 15 3/4″ (40.005 cm)
CERTIFIED TO SAFETY LISTING UL 1480